Round-1 QuizDate : 21st, August
Time : 10:00 PM
First Round Shortlists have been declared. Shortlisted teams have been intimated separately
“Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell.” – Seth Godin
And that is exactly what we want to see you doing: make stories that sell products. Whether you want to resort to logic, emotions or culture to sell, we leave that to you. Which income segment, demographic or gender you want to target, we leave that to you too. The ends are the same for everyone, the means are not. And your choice of means is what we will test you on. Kotler’s conundrum is your chance to don the hat of a marketer, step into the shoes of a customer, think what your prospective customer really cares about and push yourself to build a brand from its inception by researching, strategising, conceptualizing, advertising and launching a product.
The Red Brick summit in collaboration with Gabicci and Niche -The Marketing club of IIM Ahmedabad presents Kotler’s Conundrum -your opportunity to plan, improvise and deliver. Explore and compete with the best in a carefully designed simulated environment and prove yourself worthy of Kotler and his conundrums.
- Each team to consist of 2-3 members.
- Cross-college teams are allowed.
- No limit on the number of participants from each college.
- No limit on the number of events one can participate in.
- No registration fee.
- Only under-graduate, post-graduate and MBA students eligible to participate. School students and corporates are not allowed to participate.
- A person can register as part of only one team for one event.
- Violation of this rule will lead to disqualification of the entire team.
- Those who shall be going abroad on student exchange programmes can participate so long as there is at least one non-exchange member in the team.
- The organiser’s decision shall be final in all matters.
Total prizes worth Rs. 50,000
Winner: Prizes worth Rs 30,000
Runners-up: Prizes worth Rs 20,000
E-certificates to all participants
3 month FREE trial subscription of HBR Ascend to all participants
Round 1: Prelim 1
The first round is all about marketing basics, but repackaged into an acid test of logical thinking, decision making and, most importantly, time management. You will be racing against the clock as you test your analytical and improvisational abilities to the brink and face the challenge of applying intuitive marketing concepts in a variety of situations.
Round 2: Prelim 2
This round is a test of creativity and an understanding of the consumer market. You will be required to think out of the box to analyse marketing strategies and consumer segments. Innovation is crucial as you fight among masters to deliver the best promotion plan.
Round 3: On-campus
The selected teams are in for an ordeal as the on-campus round will see adrenaline and tensions running high. Decisions will be made on the fly and each member will need to be on her/his toes. Be prepared to manage time, resources and your sanity as you rush to field competition and crises alike.
The challenge is yours to accept.