Round-1 QuizDate : 24th, August
Time : 09:00 PM
First Round Shortlists have been declared. Shortlisted teams have been intimated separately
The Red Brick summit in collaboration with Equipoise -The economics club of IIM Ahmedabad presents Tradecraft an event which looks at the problem of global warming and its consequences as a problem to be worked upon using financial and diplomatic tools. The contesting teams are provided avenues in the form of auction, trading of carbon credits, pollution reduction projects, lending, and borrowing, etc. A real test of diplomacy, creative leadership and a genuine love for financial stratagem at its heart, Carbon Credit Trading is more than a conventional trading platform.
- Each team to consist of 2 members.
- Cross-college teams are allowed.
- No limit on the number of participants from each college.
- No limit on the number of events one can participate in.
- No registration fee.
- Only under-graduate, post-graduate and MBA students eligible to participate. School students and corporates are not allowed to participate.
- A person can register as part of only one team for one event.
- Violation of this rule will lead to disqualification of the entire team.
- Those who shall be going abroad on student exchange programmes can participate so long as there is at least one non-exchange member in the team.
- The organiser’s decision shall be final in all matter
Total prizes worth Rs. 50,000
Winner: Prizes worth Rs 30,000
Runners-up: Prizes worth Rs 20,000
E-certificates to all participants
3 month FREE trial subscription of HBR Ascend to all participants
The contestants will be provided 30 questions pertaining to the carbon credit system and trading. The results of evaluation of responses will determine the shortlisting of 10-12 teams for the event.
In order to allot a country to each team, every team has to submit a write up as to which country you would like to lead, the reason for choosing the country, the arguments you would use and more importantly the type of strategies you would employ to achieve your targets. The write up would be based on data regarding GDP numbers, pollution project costs, emission volumes, and shut down costs data which will be shared with the teams.
This is an on-campus round which will require the teams to set emission reduction targets, bidding for carbon credits and trading between countries.
It will be from 29 Sep’18, 12:00 AM IST to 2 Oct’18, 8:05 PM IST
Round Type: OnCampus
Email : email@example.com
Phone No. : 9013236991